Author Topic: Iowa Pharmacy Board Supports Medical MJ!  (Read 2939 times)

Offline laughingwillow

• View Profile
Iowa Pharmacy Board Supports Medical MJ!
« on: February 18, 2010, 08:12:21 AM »
I read in the DM Register this morning that the Iowa Pharm board has finally gotten on board for medical mj here in Ioway. Sounds like the legislature will not be dealing with this issue this year. But there is hope now. Lots-o hope. The pharmacy board has been dragging their collective feet on this issue for a long time. I'm really surprised they came around like they did. Hooray for Ioway!!!!

lw
Lost my boots in transit, babe,
smokin\' pile of leather.
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weather...

Offline Amomynous

• View Profile
Re: Iowa Pharmacy Board Supports Medical MJ!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:47:49 AM »
Too bad you're so damn healthy! :)

Offline laughingwillow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »
Interesting point, amom.

While, I'm prolly too healthy to qualify for any program set up by the state of Iowa at this point in time. (Especially after our officials have been watching how it is going down in CO and CA.) I'm guessing I would have no problem qualifying in the "looser" states. I was rear ended on the freeway when I was stopped in traffic by a guy going an estimated 70 mph some years back. I still suffer pain on a daily basis even after years of therapy. And I have a sneaking suspicion that there are cannabis products available where legal that is able to dull and remove one's mind from the chronic pain I mentioned above.  :smoke1

Also, removing da kine from schedule 1 would be a BIG step toward a sensible approach to the subject at hand, imo.

lw

Offline laughingwillow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 01:03:21 PM »
LOL THis morning the DM Register ran an editorial written by the newspaper staff urging the state not to act too hastily on the medical mj issue. A freaking war has been waged against people who smoke da kine since Nixon was in office in the early 70's and escalated when Ronny RayGun took control of the country in 1980.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like there has been a ton of foot dragging on this issue or even a backward progress for forty some years. Lots of people have been incarcerated and their collective reputations and lives ruined. All because of a failed drug policy..

So go on dragging your feet, you rotten mother fuckers, all the while whistling about the progress being made. Dumb asses.....

lw

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 08:47:46 PM »
We got dude writes a column for the Sacramento Bee, not an old dude, younger than me for sure. He has written several columns trashing med mj and the movement to legalize here. He thinks that med mj is just a way to "get high". and that outrages him.

I really don't know who he thinks he is, wanting to legislate his "morality" on us. And unless I miss my guess he is a big boozer like a lot of newspaper people.
a group of us, on peyote, had little to share with a group on marijuana

the marijuana smokers were discussing questions of the utmost profundity and we were sticking our fingers in our navels & giggling
                  Jack Green

Offline senorsalvia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 12:58:56 PM »
What with the AMA recently dropping their decades long insistence on the blanket statement that MJ has no med value,  I can not see why the good medicine has to be so much an issue anymore...  Surely, alot of folks will keep their heads firmly inserted into their rectal canals with regards to this issue, but surely the tide is more than incrementally turning...  Don't forget to check out High Times newest magazine devoted solely to Med MJ......  What does it say now that 15 (???) states have voted for Med Pot with another 9 states putting it on the ballot this session....
Cognitive Liberty:  Think About It!!