Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Long House / Re: MIA Brother and sisters still unaccounted for.
« Last post by judih on Today at 12:30:10 AM »
hi domino. Good to see you.
not sure where Eddy went. Those were rich days. lots of people, lots of interaction.
cheers to all wherever you may be
The Groove / Re: Music bones much?
« Last post by judih on Today at 12:27:59 AM »
my djembe sits silently. i feel a lot of music has left my skeleton. I do joy more quietly.
i have specific hopes to re-join the music of an outer sort!
The Site / Re: No one posts anymore
« Last post by judih on Today at 12:25:36 AM »
true, wakinyan. Sometimes the noise level drowns out the wisdom.
sorry jrl you got bulldozed.
good conversations are hard to come by.
it's more 'open mic'. Someone steps up, does their thing ( or shows photos ) and others applaud and digest.
The Long House / Re: MIA Brother and sisters still unaccounted for.
« Last post by domino on Yesterday at 09:46:09 PM »
Long time.....  I used to hang out here and I remember all the old names.  No faces to go with them but a lot of very interesting folks.  It all seems like a lifetime ago.  I have been through so much.  Change is the only constant.  I remember the original Spiritplants and the sudden loss of that forum.  A lot of precious material was lost when that site went down.  What ever happened to Eddy?  There doesn't seem to be much activity here and that is a shame.
The Groove / Re: Music bones much?
« Last post by Wakinyan on Yesterday at 08:14:43 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2lFwDDsHoA

I love music my brother. Aside from singing yuwipi, I used to make ceremonial rattles and such as well. Not enough time in the day anymore to do everything though. My youngest son sings country... still waiting on his album to come out.
« Last post by Wakinyan on Yesterday at 08:09:29 PM »
It is real good to see you posting JRL. Been missing seeing you around. I think we all love music deep down whether we personally have any talent or not. Singing is often the backbone to setting up the atmosphere for many ceremonies. You don't see too many crescent moon or crossfire ceremonies without someone singing and beating on a water drum. You don't see a yuwipi ceremony without yuwipi singers and drummers. Both yuwipi and peyote ceremonies generally have rattles involved in those ceremonies as well. The bottom line as I see it is that spirituality is often tied to music as music is a powerful force that can move our emotions incredible heights or take them down low as well. As long as you are feeling something from your music and others are feeling something from it then your doing it right. Not every song is for every mood and not every genre is for everyone.
« Last post by JRL on Yesterday at 06:40:27 PM »
Well last time i asked a serious question I got about ten pages of why I was full of shit and doing it wrong. And no real information that addressed my question. Know what I mean? And no one gives a crap about music apparently.
The Groove / Music bones much?
« Last post by JRL on Yesterday at 06:30:15 PM »
Hey now, I thought heads liked music a lot but no one has anything to say about it? When did y'all get your music bones removed?
The Desert / Re: Freaks
« Last post by judih on November 16, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »
i graft ideas
result is never certain!
The Desert / Re: Freaks
« Last post by Stonehenge on November 16, 2017, 08:25:13 PM »
they are getting bigger
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10