Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Long House / Larry Carlson
« Last post by Vasion on Yesterday at 09:36:41 AM »

I really like the work of Larry Carlson:

http://larrycarlson.bigcartel.com/

Anybody else like this kind of thing?

What kind of art do y'all like?
The Rain Forest / Re: Brugmansia arborea less than 1 year old...
« Last post by Wakinyan on October 18, 2017, 11:28:59 PM »
I'm tetering between going out of my way to keep her safe this first year as she would be stronger her next year and simply letting nature take its course and if she can survive then she will have proven she can withstand temps over 100 degrees and freezing temperature as well all in the same year. That would be a plus for me, but I'm not 100% certain it is worth the gamble.

Some Brugmansia cultivar Fruit Salad plants are also going to try to overwinter it outside this yea in my garden I believe....
The Rain Forest / Re: Brugmansia arborea less than 1 year old...
« Last post by judih on October 18, 2017, 11:00:05 PM »
well, let's hope your love and warmth will keep this baby safe
The Rain Forest / Brugmansia arborea less than 1 year old...
« Last post by Wakinyan on October 18, 2017, 07:14:59 PM »
Sadly, this is the only Brugmansia arborea I have been able to get up and flowering in this area from seed. I've grown another Brugmansia arborea 'Ida' that was able to flower for me in Florida quite easily. I've also grown many B. arborea in Belgium. This one little one that could is my first to bloom for me here however. Here's hoping this one makes it through the winter freeze and comes back nice and strong. As it stands, I'm a little disappointed with the display so far.
The Desert / Re: Freaks
« Last post by judih on October 17, 2017, 11:15:13 PM »
lush to the eye
The Desert / Re: Grafting seedlings to areoles and the like
« Last post by Wakinyan on October 17, 2017, 07:36:36 PM »
Look at how little Lime-Aide has grown.
The Kitchen / Re: Is anybody here into the art of FASTING?
« Last post by Wakinyan on October 17, 2017, 07:57:10 AM »
One could make a tea of a teaspoon full of Amanita muscaria and by drinking this each time one got hungry one could essentially go on a tea diet as it would curb you appetite.

I should note, if you drink more than a teaspoon full at a sitting then you may also find yourself climbing out of your car which is really your sofa. So... there is that....
« Last post by Wakinyan on October 16, 2017, 12:21:26 PM »
judith you my friend definitely get what its all about. If it were not for the nature part of the Lakota religion I would probably never have gotten involved in it. A sauna just isn't the same as an inipi... typically. Another of the little beauties in my garden... a nice little pachanoi
« Last post by judih on October 15, 2017, 11:03:21 PM »
a delicious truth - the beauty of nature, its strength and its ingenuity, never fails to centre my being. Thanks, so much!
Within's Within: Scenes from the Psychedelic Revolution
with DJ Soulard
Show #611
East Coast Time: Saturday 14 October 2017 at: US East Coast: 8pm-11pm
Repeats: Sunday 15 October 2017: 8pm-11pm
Repeats: Saturday 21 October 2017: 11am-2pm
Other time zones: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Tune in SpiritPlants Radio Online: http://www.spiritplantsradio.com
Within's Within Radio Archives: http://www.scriptorpress.com/withinswithin.html

On this week's show:

* Featured New Rock Album: Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie, *Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie (2017) (2017) . . . This is the closest we have gotten to a full-on Mac album in years . . . with Mick Fleetwood & John McVie holding down the rhythm section as great as they usually do, Buckingham & McVie veer nearer & further away from the Mac sound, perhaps ranging a little more freely because it is not officially a Mac album . . . whatever, I say, it's a really good record & it really seems like they had a good time making it . . . & we can hope that Stevie Nicks will soon find in her elusive witchy ways the path back to the studio with her old mates . . .

* Featured Classic Rock Album: Neil Young, *Hitchhiker* (1976) . . . Though it has gone unreleased for decades, this LP is finally seeing the light of day . . . recorded in California on August 11, 1976, Young runs through a slew of songs like "Powderfinger" & "Pocahontas" that he would take from these rough acoustic sketches to full-on psychedelic roars . . . but not that night, not yet . . . pretty much him & his guitar, & his producer David Briggs, & a lot of drugs . . . it's a great listen . . .

* Storybook Time*: Continuing Chapter 13 of *The Unconsoled* by Kasuo Ishiguro . . .

* Readings from *Bags End News* & *Labyrinthine* . . . & this week's featured artists are more of those featured on "American Top 40 with Casey Kasem" back on August 6, 1988 . . . rolling from this show into a short break, but every minute of it is fun, & I always look forward eagerly to resume . . . 

Webcasting to the globe & beyond from Ye Olde New England!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10