Author Topic: Freaks  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
Re: Freaks
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 01:22:45 PM »
Stoney, I simply love grafting. Today... I actually finished a tray of grafts long before dusk.

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 03:35:46 PM »
More variegates from seed

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 08:25:13 PM »
they are getting bigger
Stoney

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »
i graft ideas
result is never certain!

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 02:15:23 PM »
Stonehenge, as you can see by the rapid growth... this is why I like to graft. You can do side bends or sit-ups, but please don't touch my grafts till they have taken. My grafts don't complain though as even those that have been shaken continue to explode.

This latest new variegate is in the back looking all pink, but Papa thinks she is going to be bumping soon as she has that look that says I'm about to get excited.

What is more important than all the variegates I have popping is the "answer to everything" which has finally started to kick start it into high gear.

Judih,
As long as your grafting then you can't go wrong. I'm never certain of my results when grafting which is another reason I like to take my grafts down and let them grow for a year or so on their own roots before I cull them. Still, some of them you can tell are going to be something special long before letting them grow in their own roots.

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 01:34:32 PM »
This little freak I had to share with you. QuatroThunderCat appeared at first to be a quatrocotyledon, but now I see a faint line and I am wondering if she is perhaps mother natures way of helping me graft... i.e. a conjoined twin

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 10:40:10 PM »
cool

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 07:57:10 AM »
I agree with you Judih, mother nature is cool. Especially so when she tosses out oddities like this for us to be amazed with.

On another note, I told myself I was only going to graft pure species and those with known localities and distinguished phenotypes for a bit. Do you know I can't do it? I just can't limit my grafting not even for a little bit to one type, locality, etc. Suffice it to say I had to spend more money on just a few seeds of amazing parentage last night. Suffice it to say I'm going to be grafting like crazy twice over. Its not the quantity of seeds grafted that is important, but the quality of the seeds grafted that is important. And in my case, I graft 100% of those that I am dying to see at their full maturity and a good proportion of those that I am only slightly excited about.

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »
Quatrocat/cuatrocotyledon is getting a bit older so I'm here for her update.

This tiny seedling graft again... looks like she is finally lowering her ears and getting ready to explode. No doubt as a result of her last feed change

And as you can see... this little crest is growing nicely.

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
Variegated Trichocereus validus hybrid
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 02:36:19 PM »
Variegated Trichocereus validus x Red grandi

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 10:55:22 PM »
good morning to you!

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 10:56:00 PM »

good morning to you!
Good morning to you as well. It is winter now so these babies are not growing as fast as they might otherwise. Still, you can see the above Variegated Trichocereus validus x Red grandi is starting to pup.

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 12:48:24 AM »
All in good time, seems to be developing nicely.