Author Topic: Baby Hemerocallis seedlings  (Read 377 times)

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
Baby Hemerocallis seedlings
« on: May 18, 2018, 08:15:11 PM »
These daylily seedlings represent yet another of my favorite plants.  And no, I can't wait to see them bloom. Hopefully they will represent a new chapter and not simply more trash to add to the culling pile, but one never knows till one sees the bloom with these.

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Hemerocallis seedlings
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 09:36:05 PM »
I never even heard of them up to now. THat last pic must be a graft
Stoney

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
Re: Baby Hemerocallis seedlings
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 10:04:44 PM »
I never even heard of them up to now. THat last pic must be a graft

I have my top 7 of 8 Trichocereus seedling/clones, based on bite, that were planted here with my Hemerocallis seedlings. For what its worth, my top 7 of 8 Trichocereus seedlings are not anything spectacular at all as they don't exceed what can be commonly found. In a similar manner, I don't expect my Hemerocallis seedlings to be anything spectacular either.

You might then ask, why grow so many plants and cacti from seed if they are mostly all going to be less than or at best comparable to what is already out there?

The reason I grow from seed is not for the handful of specimens that are comparable to those specimens many of us already have.

If I can get a single seedling out of a thousand that is truly spectacular compared to its siblings as well as other crosses... then I have found a worthy gem indeed.