Author Topic: The music never stopped!  (Read 295 times)

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The music never stopped!
« on: November 14, 2018, 02:13:59 PM »
I had a real thrill last weekend. Id did a show with Matt Rainey and Dippin Sauce. We play a lot psychedelic blues, Americana, and we can do a full night of Dead covers. The gig was in the heart of Dead territory, 19 Broadway in Fairfax, in Marin County, CA. We were blessed by having Phil's keyboard player Scott Guberman join us. As usually we did about half Dead covers and the rest Matts originals and some deep blues. What a treat it was!! Scott is a lot like Brent, mostly plays organ and sings the high parts. After being just a little star struck and nervous we just totally got it on for 4 hours. And what a nice unpretentious cat Scott is! I remember playing Cassidy and thinking "the last time this guy played this song Bob Weir was probably singing it. Ive gotten to play with Melvin too.

Playing that music with these guys, in Marin is like a life long dream. I got a full adult dose of Dead!  The music never stopped because its bigger than any of us, including Garcia.
a group of us, on peyote, had little to share with a group on marijuana

the marijuana smokers were discussing questions of the utmost profundity and we were sticking our fingers in our navels & giggling
                  Jack Green

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The music never stopped!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 10:50:10 PM »
wow. What an experience!

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 09:46:33 AM »
Thanks for sharing.

Really cool stuff. Very interesting.

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 02:46:27 PM »
It was a great experience!! Cant wait till it happens again!
a group of us, on peyote, had little to share with a group on marijuana

the marijuana smokers were discussing questions of the utmost profundity and we were sticking our fingers in our navels & giggling
                  Jack Green