Author Topic: Is anybody here into the art of FASTING?  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Spiritual Stoner

• View Profile
Is anybody here into the art of FASTING?
« on: December 13, 2009, 11:32:30 AM »
I recently have been experiencing with fasting.  After 20 years of my life FASTING was finally introduced to me just out of pure curiosity.  I always knew of it as something pointless that religious people practiced at certain times of the year.  I was obviously ignorantly WRONG. I did my research and what I came across was beyond mind blowing.

The mental and psychical benefits are beyond amazing! So
I took matters into my own hands too experiment with 3-4 day juice fasts which consists of NO FOOD.  You are only allowed 100% pure juices (need juicer or if your gonna buy any kind of juice I would recommend "naked"), water, natural vegetable broth and herbal teas.  I was reading that people fast up to 100 days!  

The whole point of fasting is too completely shut down the digestive system so that the body can naturally cleanse itself of toxins that builds up in the colin, intestines, etc.  As far as losing weight < this is the least of the greatest benefits you receive.  Your whole body is relieved of insane amounts of stress to where you can finally think clear again.  It's like your way of saying sorry to your body of all the bad stuff you have given it.  This is part of NATURAL HUMAN NATURE.  If you haven't fasted yet or looked into it I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT TO EVERY HUMAN OUT THERE!  It is a lost art of humans.  It even cleared up acne I had.  Unbelievable! Why do they not tell us this through media if it's so healthy thats what I don't get.  It can also cure you of disease and sickness.  Gives you GREAT energy after about the second day.  You may receive headaches and fatigueness but this is the bad toxins exiting your body.

Here is a link that I started on.. http://falconblanco.com/health/fasting.htm

Anyone have any great experiences fasting?

Offline laughingwillow

• View Profile
Re: Is anybody here into the art of FASTING?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:26:49 AM »
I didn't eat breakfast once. And the rest of the morning was just plain hell....

lw
Lost my boots in transit, babe,
smokin\' pile of leather.
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weather...

Offline Amomynous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 12:54:04 PM »
Q: How does one fast on the prairie?

A: Just say no to that fourth corn-on-the-cob.

Offline laughingwillow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 09:11:30 AM »
Now, amom..... You are stuck way in the past. Heck, now we just staple our stomach a little and then are good to go.

And why do they call it a fast? That day I didn't eat breakfast, the time really seemed to creep along slowly until I ended the fast with lunch.

lw

Offline Amomynous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 09:16:29 AM »
I figure they wouldn't call it "breakfast" if God didn't intend a fast to last no more than about eight hours, preferably at night while sleeping.

Offline Amomynous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
Quote from: "Spiritual Stoner"
It's like your way of saying sorry to your body of all the bad stuff you have given it.  This is part of NATURAL HUMAN NATURE.

Could you clarify this a little? At first blush this wouldn't seem to be the case--I don't think our bodies adopt fasts are part of its nature. Quite the opposite, really: it seems that it is human nature to eat.

I've never really fasted. About the wackiest think I've done with food is a few times I went on a diet of basically nuts, soups, and wheat grass. The  concept behind such a diet (and I don't know if this is "flaky" or scientifically validated) is to eat foods which metabolize to alkaline by-products. The claim is that we eat too many foods that metabolize to acidic products, these accumulate in our body, and create health problems.

I've done this a couple of times for a week or two, and I don't know if the claims are valid or not, but in general I felt very healthy during the process. This makes sense, though: you're basically eating nuts and vegetables and a few fruits for a week or two, and these are good foods that are good for you!  

About the only "body cleansing" that I do with any regularity is ritual purging with certain entheogenic medicines. This takes only an evening, though, and afterwards one tends to feel pretty good.

Offline laughingwillow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 09:46:56 AM »
In all seriousness, I have fasted for various reasons through out my life. When I was in high school, I did it to make weight wrestling. One season I wrestled at 105 lbs and my natural weight was closer to 115. That meant very little food and a lot of exercise above and beyond the regular daily work out/practice.

Later I also experienced fasts of up to 72 hours culminating with an entheogenic journey.

Btw, I've found that when fasting, its best to stay out of the kitchen.

lw

Offline senorsalvia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »
I've fasted / skipped a day or two of meals for no particular reason / and have initiated hunger strikes whilst incarcerated.  Having always had a rather ambivalent attitude towards eating other than a minimal amount of foodstuff in general,  I think that fasting (as in no foods for 24 or 36 hrs at least is a worthwhile thing to do.. Seems to enhance an entheo journey for sure.  I also dig the clarity of mind that always seems to show itself the 2nd or 3rd day...  I suppose the toxic cleansing aspect is also true, but can't say I have noticed it myself....  After initiating a hunger strike years ago in jail, the other inmates joined me as I entered my 5th day...  By the 9th day, 'Da Man capitulated to my demands, which was really cool.... (no more friggin salisbury steak T.V. dinners for supper :lol:  :lol: ....  I will say with the rise of obesity so rampant in western society, fasting has some economic as well as, shall we say, esthetic value :e_wink: ------------sal
Cognitive Liberty:  Think About It!!

Offline Avery L. Breath

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 10:09:13 AM »
Have certainly met several people who swear by fasting.  (diabetic myself, so I've never tried)  Several different methods out there...... beat the hell out of sleap deprivation,  Chanting is certainly interesting.  

Anybody know any good breatharian jokes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

Offline laughingwillow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 11:13:13 AM »
Anyone know any real breatharians?

lw

Offline Amomynous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 09:32:57 AM »
Quote from: "laughingwillow"
Anyone know any real breatharians?

Probably not. The real ones tend to die after exploring their spirituality for a month or two.

I guess that means it works, though. I can think of few spiritual practices that can reliably deliver transcendence in so short a period!

Offline Veracohr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 08:25:25 AM »
I do 3-day fasts from time to time when I start feeling like shit. I have a little Odwalla Superfood juice twice a day and just water and tea the rest of the day. It typically goes like this: 1st day, hungry as hell; 2nd day the hunger abates (mostly); 3rd day the hunger comes back.