Author Topic: Poetry/prose/creative writing.  (Read 1636 times)

Re: Poetry/prose/creative writing.
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 09:08:44 AM »
Dark Star
by Robert C. Hunter
Dark star crashes, pouring its light into ashes.
Reason tatters, the forces tear loose from the axis.
Searchlight casting for faults in the clouds of delusion.
Shall we go, you and I while we can
Through the transitive nightfall of diamonds?
Mirror shatters in formless reflections of matter.
Glass hand dissolving to ice petal flowers revolving.
Lady in velvet recedes in the nights of goodbye.
Shall we go, you and I while we can
Through the transitive nightfall of diamonds?

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 09:10:01 AM »
“To make this trivial world sublime, take half a gram of phanerothyme.” -Aldous Huxley

"To fathom Hell or soar angelic, just take a pinch of psychedelic" -Osmond
Or
To fall in Hell or soar angelic / You'll need a pinch of psychedelic -Humphry Osmond

Some background on these rhymes:

The term psychedelic, which means “mind-manifesting,” was coined by Humphry Osmond and suggested to his peers in 1957 at a meeting of the New York Academy of Sciences. He borrowed ancient Greek to give the word “psychedelic” meaning, using the Greek words psyche (mind) and delos (manifest). Aldous Huxley, in a letter to Osmond, came up with his own term, “phanerothyme,” which he suggested to Osmond in the rhyme. “To make this trivial world sublime, take half a gram of phanerothyme.” Osmond replied with his own rhyme, “To fathom Hell or soar angelic, just take a pinch of psychedelic.” Osmond’s term was adopted, giving these unique substances their distinct identity and classification.
https://psychedelictimes.com/psychedelic-therapy/giving-psychedelic-meaning-5-fascinating-things-about-humphry-osmond-the-man-who-invented-the-word-psychedelic/

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 10:03:04 AM »
I still want to be with her. I didn't see her yesterday, and today I was hardly able to glance up from my notebook. I've gotten better at keeping my attention off of her, though I know one of these days I'm eventually going to introduce myself to her.
  Yesterday was the only day this week where I wasn't graced by her angelic presence. The whole time I thought "what if that's it, and I won't be seeing her again?", I think to myself if I would have been satisfied when looking back at my past if I never talked to her.

Even if she brakes my heart or rejects me, that's still better than the thought of not even trying.

I know I'm going to get shot down, so that could be another contributing factor relating to my hesitations with her.

...I know if she gave me a chance I would be able to show her how much I could do for her, and I know that I could prove to her that I could keep her satisfied and happy.

I always hoped that she would be the one to say hello to me. She is always sitting by herself, and is usually busy on her phone. I never want to interrupt her.
  I've never met another girl that is so perfect, and its driving me crazy that I'm about to let her just slip through my fingers. If I talk to her, and she rejects me, which she probably will, at least I will be able to say I tried.
   Aside from her immaculate pulchritude and stunning sensuous presence she has other traits which are admirable and worthy of respect. This girl is incredibly gorgeous, she is hard working and responsible, and is also sharp and worthy of respect.
  From her beautiful brunette hair, and golden heart and soul to her angelic presence and sensuous style, she is perfect in every way.

I would do absolutely anything for her, and would do anything just to see her smile and to make her happy.

I usually have my headphones on, so I can never hear anything that's going on around me. She was on the phone by me the other day, but to remain polite I kept my music playing loud and didn't hear what she was saying. I love her voice, which is a first, I have never really cared much about what a girls voice sounds like, but her voice drives me crazy (in a good way), I could listen to her talk for all eternity and still never get tired of the sound of her voice.

I wonder if she knows that ALL SHE HAS TO DO IS SAY HELLO and she would have me, fully devoted to her and only her. I wonder if she knows that I would do anything for her, and would do whatever it would take to prove to her that I have what it takes to be hers, and that I could keep her happy, and that I would give her anything or do anything that her heart desired.

Why can't I just talk to her?

Why won't she just talk to me? After seeing me every day for nearly a few years, and after sitting within 5 feet of me nearly every day for just as long, why has she never wanted to talk to me?

I guess I should take that as a sign that she isn't interested, but what if I'm wrong?

Most girls that I know expect males to approach them, and while I've never received a clear answer as to why this is the case, it does seem to be somewhat of a standard amongst females.

So, I can sit back and hope and pray that she talks to me...

...or I can find a way to introduce myself to her.

Sooner or later one or the other is bound to happen.

I really don't want to let her pass by. I would probably regret it forever if I managed to let a girl like that go without at least respectfully explaining to her how I feel.

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2018, 10:31:51 PM »
poetry inspires
real life actions show us what we are
we practice to be how we want to be

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2018, 09:23:30 AM »
Interesting.

My real life actions are based off of compassion, selflessness, mindfulness, and karma.

I keep to myself, and in most cases I will not speak to others unless they speak to me first. I will usually be quietly reading or working in a notebook, and generally will go unnoticed by most.

When I do act it is with kindness and compassion.

Yesterday I was riding the bus, it was quite cold outside, and a homeless man had boarded the bus. He stood in front of the driver digging through his pockets as if he had money or a transfer to give the driver, this went on for several stops, so, I finally got up and gave the man bus fare.

...its billions of selfless acts like the one described above on a  daily basis.

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2018, 09:34:48 AM »
I didn't get to see the girl that I am attracted to today, and I never see her on Saturdays, so the best I can do is hope to see her on Monday.

Every time I feel like "today is the day that I talk to her" she manages to not show up, and on the days when I'm not feeling up to talking to anybody she always seems to show up, even providing me with some opportunities to say hello. Its happened twice this week, on the two days I was prepared to talk to her she didn't show up.

I've accepted that it's probably never going to happen with her, but its still nice to see her.

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2018, 11:34:36 PM »
if you were to know that you have one week to do everything you wanted to do, would you choose to speak to her?
treat yourself with kindness and compassion. Through mindfulness, know that your thoughts, fears aren't you - they're merely thoughts and fears. They pass and other emotions, thoughts take their place.

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2018, 11:37:59 AM »
Melanie
by intrepid_traveler
*incomplete*
She says I am everything that she wishes he could be,
yet she stays with him and then comes crying to me.

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 09:29:03 AM »
if you were to know that you have one week to do everything you wanted to do, would you choose to speak to her?
treat yourself with kindness and compassion. Through mindfulness, know that your thoughts, fears aren't you - they're merely thoughts and fears. They pass and other emotions, thoughts take their place.

See, I have played out similar scenarios in my mind, and honestly I'm still not sure if I would talk to her...

Don't get me wrong, this girl stole my heart the first time I saw her, but I still can't help but thinking that she deserves so much better than me.

.. like, if she came up to me, and if she clearly had enough interest to take the initiative to start a conversation, and if I could feel a connection when we were talking, than I would have no choice but to follow my instincts and to give her all of the love that I possibly could, every day showing her that she is the most valuable treasure in this universe, and doing every single thing that I possibly could to make her smile and to keep her happy.

...however, if I initiate the first conversation, and if I'm the one making all of the effort to make it happen, then it will feel like I forced the situation.

I've always taken a Taoist approach to most things.

Any way, I might see her tomorrow, so I might as well just talk to her. Though every time she is near me and I'm preparing to say hello I become all nervous and shaken, I get really self-conscious and scared and just continue writing in my notebook doing my best to act like I don't notice her.

If she just Sat in the seat next to me, or tapped me on the shoulder, and put me in a position where I was obligated to interact with her I know everything would turn out fine.

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2018, 09:51:31 AM »
I did not get to see Her today, which was kind of disheartening as I usually see Her on Mondays.

There is a chance that I Will get to see Her tomorrow.

Even though it's always somewhat stressful being around her in the sense that I end up driving myself mad trying to summon the courage to make an introduction, it's always a gift to be graced by beauteous presence.

From her beautiful brunette hair and her sweet angelic voice, to the warmth and beauty which radiates from her core, it's a blessing just to get to spend time in her presence, whether I'm able to interact with her or not, I feel like its a privilege just to be near her, and seeing her always makes my day better...

...aside from the frustration of knowing that even though she is only a few feet away from me on most days that those few feet might as well be light-years. Its discouraging thinking that after all this time she has never wanted to talk to me, or of she has she has always done a good job of hiding it. Its disheartening knowing that I couldn't even dream of a girl so perfect, yet also knowing that ill probably never be able to have her.

Its strange, I posted about hearing her talk on the phone before, and the two times I saw her after that she was on her phone. I had my headphones on and couldn't hear what she was saying, and out of respect decided to continue to go about my business without eavesdropping in on her conversation, however, something tells me that maybe I should have, I mean, maybe she thought I could hear her and passively said something she thought I might pick up on... ..but who knows. I'm probably way over thinking all of this.

I just wish that she knew how I felt.

I suspect that she might know that I'm attracted to her, but I wish that she knew for sure.

Sometimes I talk to this other girl who is around when she is, I was thinking, maybe I could have that girl go talk to her for me, and to tell her that I really like her and that I'm really attracted to her. I mean, at least that way I will know for sure that she knows.

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 03:42:12 PM »
Winter time love
by Jim Morrison
Wintertime winds blow cold the season
Fallen in love, I'm hoping to be
Wind is so cold, is that the reason?
Keeping you warm, your hands touching me
Come with me dance, my dear
Winter's so cold this year
You are so warm
My wintertime love to be
Winter time winds blue and freezing
Coming from northern storms in the sea
Love has been lost, is that the reason?
Trying so desperately to be free
You are so warm
My wintertime love to be
You are so warm
My wintertime love to be

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 11:09:16 PM »
jim morrison knows how to waltz. soundtrack for a day of the unknown

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2018, 09:56:24 AM »
I saw her yesterday (Tuesday), which made my day, she even sat right next to me! The whole time I was going mad inside thinking that I should just talk to her. Seriously, she was only like three feet away from me, and I froze up. ...I sat there writing in my notebook praying that she would just tap me on the shoulder and start a conversation. Why won't she talk to me?

I saw her today (Wednesday), but some other girl was sitting in her seat so she ended up sitting across from me. Usually I am too nervous to turn my head and look at her, but because today she was at a distance I felt comfortable stealing a glance at her, and she is even more beautiful than I had thought. I spend so much time trying to ignore her and trying to fight my attraction to her that I often don't have the chance to just sit down and look at her, and every time I do she is more beautiful and perfect than I had remembered.

I know I probably sound like a broken record going on about her sublime pulchritudeness, sensuous manner, angelic voice, beautiful brunette hair, admirable work ethic, and her loving and warm heart and soul, but believe me, these words can't even begin to express my true feelings for her. She has a heart, soul, and beauty that is beyond perfection, and not only is she outstandingly gorgeous, but she has many admirable traits and obviously deserves the highest respect.

She looked so cute this morning when she was walking over to her seat and then quickly sitting, all bundled up in her winter coat with her bag on her lap and her arms clutched tightly around bag. She was so adorable in that moment. She always looks so warm and comforting, it always makes me wish that I could just hold her in my arms.

...today I could see her in the window of the moving vehicle that I had just exited as it rolled into the early morning darkness, and I found myself captivated and awestruck by how incredibly pretty she was, and not just how adorable she looked today, but how every time I see her she always looks so incredible, the type of genuine beauty that makes your heart melt and your knees weak.

She truly is special, and every day I always want to show her how beautiful, amazing, and valuable she is. I wish I could be there waiting for her with flowers, or other gifts every morning when I first see her, and I could give her gifts and shower her with compliments and affection. I would never let her forget that she is the most beautiful, gorgeous, intelligent, treasure in this entire universe, and I would do absolutely anything I could to show her how special she is, and how much she truly means to me, I want to remind her that she is perfect, and that she deserves the best.

I'm pretty sure I will get to see her tomorrow, at least I usually get to see her on Thursdays. Its always such a let down on the mornings when I am not graced with her presence.

...every morning that I see her I am always hoping and praying that she will finally talk to me.

...at this point I wouldn't blame her if she slapped me in the face and said "do you want this to happen or not!".

I just wish she would talk to me, even if it was to say that she wasn't interested.

I don't understand why she hasn't wanted to talk to me yet. I have always just assumed that it was because she didn't like me, but what if I'm wrong? What if she does like me and we are both too nervous to get things moving?

...I've got to stop thinking like that, the last thing I need to do is get my hopes up daydreaming that she might be interested in me. At this point I think it's safer to just assume that she doesn't like me and that she will never talk to me.

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2018, 10:48:49 PM »
enjoy this period. It's unique and wonderful.

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2018, 09:55:19 AM »
I didn't get to see Her today.

Every time I pass 26th street without seeing Her it brings me down a little bit. I guess as I am approaching 26th street I always anticipate running into her, and when it doesn't happen it's always some what of a let down.

I almost never see her on Fridays and I have never run into her on a Saturday. If I'm lucky I might see her tomorrow, but Monday is probably my best chance.

...why won't she talk to me?

Is it because she isn't interested? Is it because she doesn't even notice me?

...it would be nice if it was because she was attracted to me and was also too shy to say anything.

...but as I said, I can't go getting my hopes up like that.

I still just hope and pray that one of these days she will talk to me.

...or I at least wish she knew how much I liked her, and how much I would be willing to do for her.