Author Topic: Poetry/prose/creative writing.  (Read 1632 times)

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Poetry/prose/creative writing.
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2018, 11:10:41 PM »
listening.  One day this situation will change its nature, and the time will be right

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2018, 09:41:01 AM »
Yeah, probably.

Offline cenacle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2018, 01:00:53 AM »
Looking back at my younger years, and all the girls I feared to talk to, I realize that my fear and desire and excited emotions were all about me, not whatever her of the moment. Want is exciting and mysterious, inspiring. Some people are too, and some are not. And some are but not for me or you, but for someone else.

But I now think it's better to speak up and know, cut the bubble of ignorance. If she's not the one, once you have tried, then move on. There are a billion, more than that, desirable girls in this world. Many are taken. Many are sleeping alone tonight. Given what little I have learned at this point, I would rather speak up, and move on sooner, if need be, than look and wish and want and not know. I wasted way too much time on that.

And it's likely, given how much you have looked at her and so on, she knows, and is either waiting for you to get to it, or isn't interested.

So it's about you, right now. Act. That's my advice. Good luck either way. It's nice to see this forum Judih and I have moderated for so long getting such a passionate workout in this thread.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 01:06:15 AM by cenacle »

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2018, 06:25:44 AM »
Great advice.

I think it's nice being able to admire someone, and to be able to see them as beautiful, but I'm also comfortable in allowing her to pass me by if that's her choice.

I've always taken a very Taoist approach to how I handle things...

...and while it seems a poor strategy in romance, I feel that in the end things will work out as they were meant to.

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2018, 06:28:15 AM »
Emily Dickinson
Because I could not stop for Death (first stanza)

Because I could not stop for Death – He kindly stopped for me – The Carriage held but just Ourselves – And Immortality.

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2018, 10:25:10 AM »
Most of the cats that you meet on the streets speak of true love,
Most of the time they're sittin' and cryin' at home.
One of these days they know they better get goin'
Out of the door and down on the streets all alone.
-good ole grateful dead

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2018, 11:01:25 AM »
Well, I Will probably see Her on Monday, and while I would love to be the one who gets things moving I am probably just going to sit there praying for the miracle of her approaching me.

...actually, she makes it more than easy in terms of giving me opportunities to interact with Her, she will sit right next to me, or she will sit across from me right in my line of sight, and while she is usually focussed on her mobile device I still think it would be more than easy to get her attention...

I can't help but wonder what she actually thinks of me. I know she notices me...

When you said earlier "she must see you looking at her", well, I really don't think that could be the case, I actually do my best to ignore Her, and I have been fighting my attraction for her since the first time i saw her. I think I've always known that she was out of my reach, I just don't want to accept it, I keep thinking that if by some miracle she is interested in me that she will find a say to let me know, and if she could send me at least some type of a clue that I might have a chance then I would not hesitate to make every first move from there on out.

...maybe she has been trying to give me hints and I'm just too dim to pick up on them. Maybe by sitting next to me, but by still being too nervous or shy or whatever to talk to me she is somehow trying to tell me "look guy, you got my attention, now act on it"

...or I could be completely wrong. It could be that she really isn't interested at all and thus goes out of Her way to not pay attention to me even when she is sitting only a few feet away.

This is the first time any of this has ever happened to me. I've never been too nervous to talk to a girl before, but then again, I've never encountered a girl like this before. Usually I would be happy to get shot down and then move on...

... I know everybody says "this girl is special", though I can assure you that I've never been one of them, that is until the first time I saw her.

Any way, I think it's a cause that was doomed from the start.

Unless that is she decides to talk to me. That's all she has to do.

If she decides that she will give me a chance all she has to do is say so, and I would be fully devoted to her and only her from that moment on.

I want to ask the girl from 23rd to talk to her for me, or maybe just bring her into a conversation that involves the three of us and then slowly fading herself out.

The gorgeous brunette from 26th street on her way to work early in the morning will always have my heart, and I would do anything I could for her if she would give me a chance.

Hell, it's not like I could ever say "no" to any request she could have of me, I would do anything and everything I possibly could for her.

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2018, 11:07:05 AM »
There is something going on there, but I can't pin-point what it is.

It's definitely a strange situation which I don't fully understand.

Without saying more I think the important piece of that post is what has been repeated below. I'm sure this sounds redundant in general, but eventually something will happen...

I think I've always known that she was out of my reach, I just don't want to accept it...

... I keep thinking that if by some miracle she is interested in me that she will find a way to let me know, and if she could send me at least some type of a clue that I might have a chance then I would not hesitate to make every first move from there on out.

...maybe she has been trying to give me hints and I'm just too dim to pick up on them. Maybe by sitting next to me, but by still being too nervous or shy or whatever to talk to me she is somehow trying to tell me "look guy, you got my attention, now act on it"

...or I could be completely wrong. It could be that she really isn't interested at all and thus goes out of Her way to not pay attention to me even when she is sitting only a few feet away.

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2018, 09:52:51 PM »
she's there. That's the clue.

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2018, 07:46:08 AM »
Yeah. I suppose you are correct.

It really is somewhat embarrassing unburdening myself of these thoughts in such a public forum, but I have always figured these thoughts were better in print than rattling around in my head. Its a form of evicting these thoughts and feelings from my conscious stream and unloading them somewhere else to be sifted through and dealt with at a later time.

I had a strange trip last night. It was introspective and life altering, but not in the traditional sense of facing the fact that your an asshole 15 times a minute, but in the sense of being able to just fucking let go and peacefully become part of the whole, when you dissolve into nothing you realize you are one with everything.

when you dissolve into nothing you realize you are one with everything.

Jerry garcia once said that when you leave something undefined it in a sense becomes everything, and last night I lost what very little definition I had to begin with.

Jerry garcia really was one of the clearest thinking humans that I have ever encountered. Literally, every time jerry was questioned on some issue his response would always be cheerfully surprising and far deeper than it could ever seem just on the surface. Bob hunter and Garcia and actually all of the deads lyrics are like scraps of life wisdom which you have to live your way into understanding, always deep and meaningful with a touch of humor and a slight ironic tinge.

Any way, when it comes to the girl that I like I might have to violate my principle of passively accepting what comes my way with ease and grace and openness, I might be forced into forcing the situation, which is a risk, I might benefit, though things could also horribly blowback on me... if there even is a me anymore.

The night ended incredibly strange.

I ended I locked into a deeply emotional tear filled session with a girl that I had just met. There was a good deal of dredging up past memories and deep emotional life events, there was a good deal of holding each other in our arms and crying together, and a good deal of connection between people which rarely occurs, she was totally open, totally honest.

The night ended with me playing songs for her on my guitar, I knew a lot of her favorites, mostly dead and sublime songs, and it really seemed to cheer her up.

one song in particular that I played and sang for her really had an impact, and I could tell that it meant a lot to her, and really did make her feel better:

iya terra
life goes on
Lift up your head weary one
I see that sorrow in your eyes
Life got you down again
But you've got to realize
It takes time to learn, it takes time to grow
So be patient and be kind, And
If you ask with ease and grace
All that you seek you will find

Dust to dust and ash to ash
This too shall pass in the time, and you
Got to trust, yeah you got to trust
Good things coming in time, and Life Goes On
Life Goes On, woe

And you can count on me to be the one
That's never gonna leave you lonely
Count on me to be the one
That is gonna love you always, woe woe
When you're feeling sad and blue
I'll be there to see you through, so
Don't cry no more
I said don't cry, my darling

True it takes some time for one to refine
The steps upon the path you are leading
The harder the pursuit, it remains the truth
The harder it will be to achieve it
And though you feel like giving up
When the path gets rough
You must be string, life must go
Don't cry, my darling, don't cry

Dust to dust and ash to ash
This too shall pass in the time, and you
Got to trust, yeah you got to trust
Good things coming in time, and Life Goes On
Life Goes On, woe
Life Goes On

And you can count on me to be the one
That's never gonna leave you lonely
Count on me to be the one
That is gonna love you always, woe woe
When you're feeling sad and blue
I'll be there to see you through, so
Don't cry no more
I said don't cry, my darling

What a strange night.

I'm always surprised that the whole world isn't rattled to the core by the massive events going on in our minds when we consume these things...

You can be in Two places at once though. You can inhabit several dimensions simultaneously, I was here physically while simultaneously "there" in every other way.

Ok, enough time with my "crazy hat" on.

if you think you can fly, START FROM THE GROUND 

..I never understood why the hypothetical psychedelically stoned individual would always think they could fly and start trying from like 10 stories up, I mean, why not start from the ground? 

Ok, I need sleep, sorry guys.

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2018, 09:05:41 AM »
Every day I think I am finally going to be able to ignore Her she shows up looking more beautiful than ever...

I can't believe I didn't talk to Her today.

I wish she would just talk to me.

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2018, 09:06:56 AM »
Didn't see Her on Monday.

...and when I saw her today she looked incredible.

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2018, 09:18:24 AM »
Her beautiful brunette hair was done, and she was wearing a black and white patterned scarf that made Her look gorgeous.

I had been planning on speaking with her this morning but was dumbstruck by her beauty and became nervous.

Its never going to happen unless she talks to me first...

I keep trying to ignore her, I keep thinking "its just adrenaline, oxytocin, dopamine, and serotonin that's making you feel this way, just fight it!" Sadly, I can't fight my endogenous chemistry, and obviously I can't resist her beauty, charm, and admirable traits.

I guess I'm just going to have to quietly admire her, unless by some miracle she decides to talk to me.

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2018, 09:20:46 AM »
The gorgeous brunette who rides from 26th street. I don't think will ever be over her. Which I suppose means that if she ever decides that she wants to give me a chance that will be here waiting for her.

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2018, 09:00:31 AM »
Yesterday was probably my best shot.

I did not see Her today, and because of the holidays I probably won't see Her until next week.

Yesterday would have been a good day. She Sat right across from me, looking amazing, and seemed as though she was waiting for me to say something to Her...

I'm An idiot. That would have been my best chance.