Author Topic: Poetry/prose/creative writing.  (Read 3860 times)

Offline Intrepid_traveler

• View Profile
Re: Poetry/prose/creative writing.
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2019, 11:25:13 AM »
My beautiful brunette girl from 26th street, my darling sugaree, sweeter than a sugar-cube of LSD, maybe next week ill get my miracle and you'll start talking with me.

I got to see her Monday through Thursday this last week, and she Sat next to me every time. I always feel so excited when I see her walking over to sit next to me. It was somewhat disappointing on Friday when she wasn't there, I always have a much better day when it starts by having such an amazing, gorgeous, and special girl sit down next to me.

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2019, 09:56:51 AM »
Just another one of "the days between"

The beautiful brunette girl from 26th street was present today, and as usual took her seat next to me. The bus driver was jolting the bus around with some poor gas and brake work which nearly caused the beautiful brunette girl from 26th street to come crashing into me, that would have been somewhat awkward, but Could have afforded me an opportunity to interact her, well, it was an opportunity missed regardless.

...she wasn't wearing her black and white leopard-print scarf  today, but she still looked amazing. From her bright gleaming eyes and beautiful brunette hair, she looked as gorgeous as ever, she even makes the color neon orange look pretty. It's so rare that you can encounter a person where you think "this person is absolutely perfect in ever way exactly how they are".

...I really don't want to let her go, but at the same time I'm not sure that she is ever going to initiate interaction with me.

After I exit the bus I always turn back and look in through the window at her as the bus is slowly pulling away, and she always looks so sad. Maybe it's because she is looking down at her phone, but she always seems to look somewhat downtrodden and disappointed, and while she still looks adorable I want her to be happy. I hope I am just misreading her emotions, perhaps she is just tired and on her way into work, I really hope that I'm not disappointing her by not talking to her something.

Well, there is always tomorrow, and hopefully I will see her again.

...in the end I think it's going to have to be me that best things going, and believe me, if it wasn't 5 am and if I wasn't half-asleep, stoned, and still in the process of waking up I would have talked to her a long time ago.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be shot down, which is why I want her to talk to me...

Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll talk to her.

I'm giving her rose on valentines day no matter what. I wish I could give her roses every day, but that would be weird, right?

The most incredible, gorgeous, and perfect girl in the entire universe sits next to me every morning...

...so why can't I bring myself to ask her to give me a chance to be with her?

Maybe this week ill get my miracle and she will talk to me.

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »
I had just boarded my second bus of the day. This ride is in most cases uneventful, and gives me some time to work in my notebook. The bus driver was a young black girl who was probably around my age, she seemed nice, she was incredibly polite, and I remember that she had a really pretty smile. I boarded the bus as usual, turned up my music through my headphones and began working in my notebook, and everything was peaceful, just a normal day, until the bus reaches a stop in which several lines intersect, at this stop there is generally a 5 minute lay-over before the bus begins moving again, and the drivers often take bathroom and cigarette brakes during this lay over. So, the bus driver leaves the bus to take her brake. A few minutes after she leaves skinny old bald man begins to become restless, and starts pacing the isles of the bus. I had spoken to this man the day prior, he had intruded into a rather civilized conversation regarding the grateful dead that I had entered into with another passenger moments before, and had rather rudely attempted to turn things into a "who is a bigger deadhead competition", I have no tolerance for these type of ego-inflating pissing-contests, so I simply found an out and placed my headphones back on. So, this same old man has begun pacing the isles of the bus, and shortly after begins complaining in a loud voice "where is this lady! She can't do this!", then other passengers began to join in with this old prick, all of them loudly complaining and pacing the isles of the bus. The whole time I was thinking "good God, chill out and give the poor girl brake". The driver then returns and the grumpy old bald man is fuming, he begins screaming at the poor girl "you are four minutes late!...and so on". I was completely disgusted by these people's behaviors, I really couldn't believe it. People are so quick to jump into negativity and hostility over the smallest things. The poor girl driving the bus was just trying to do her job, she absolutely did not deserve to return from her brake and have some bald old lunatic foaming at the mouth and making threats to report her just because she was a few minutes late from her bathroom brake. This bald old prick had to be over 50 years old and he was behaving like child throwing a tantrum.

...it would have ruined my morning had I not had my headphones. Thank god I didn't have to listen to all their negativity.

Ill never understand how people can live their lives constantly angry, feeding off of their negative emotions. This is why I think psychedelic exploration is crucial for a cultures well being, it creates fully developed individuals, rather than neotenized individuals. In tribal cultures there would often be psychedelic shamanic rites of passage that every member of the culture would participate in in order to become a fully developed adult.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fmRuW7OMbvo

I feel that most will reach physical maturity while psychologically never conning anywhere close to reaching their full potential.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fmRuW7OMbvo

I've always been incredibly laid back, calm, relaxed, mellow and happy. I like to maintain good vibes and a cool and calm atmosphere. It takes a lot to get a negative reaction from me, and any time it ever happens its generally as a means of self-defense. Honestly, nothing bothers me, I really have transcended that neurosis, I'm never bothered by anything.

There have been times where I was incredibly intoxicated on this or that substance where I had to enter a situation in which it was crucial that I function and maintain as if I was completely sober, and I have always done really well in these situations. I see emotions in a similar manner, an emotion is a chemical change which is occurring within your body/mind which is going to influence your mental state and behavior, now, I am also incredibly good at being able to function under the influence of emotions, I see it as being no different from functioning under the influence of a drug.

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2019, 10:22:55 AM »
Saw the beautiful brunette girl from 26th street again today, she looked as beautiful as ever, she sat next to me as usual and we quietly sat side by side just like every other day.

...at this time of day, while I'm writing this stuff, I feel like I would be more than happy to talk to her and tell her how I feel, however, at like 5am when I see her I am half awake and still really sleepy, so it's always harder to force myself to talk to her.

I don't know what else I can do, Eliza tells me that she reads these posts, and if that's true I've made it pretty clear how I feel and what I want from the situation, so I can't imagine why she wouldn't either post here or tell me in person that either: yes she will give me a chance or: No, and to stop wasting my time and to find another girl to love because she is not interested.

Why would she not just give me a chance or reject me already?

I hope she knows that she could have me and a lifetime of my love and devotion if she wants it, and that all she has to do is say so.

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2019, 09:06:01 AM »
ALTHEA

I told Althea I was feeling lost
Lacking in some direction
Althea told me upon scrutiny
That my back might need protection
I told Althea that treachery
Was tearing me limb from limb

Althea told me, now cool down boy
Settle back easy, Jim

You may be Saturday's child all grown
Moving with a pinch of grace
You may be a clown in the burying ground
Or just another pretty face
You may be the fate of Ophelia
Sleeping and perchance to dream
Honest to the point of recklessness
Self-centred to the extreme

Ain't nobody messin' with you but you
Your friends are getting most concerned
Loose with the truth, maybe its your fire
Baby I hope you don't get burned
When the smoke has cleared, she said
That's what she said to me
You're gonna want a bed to lay your head
And a little sympathy
There are things you can replace
And others you cannot
The time has come to weigh those things
This space is gettin' hot
You know this space is gettin' hot

I told Althea, I'm a roving sign
That I was born to be a bachelor
Althea told me, OK that's fine
So now I'm trying to catch her

Can't talk to you without talking to me
We're guilty of the same offense

Thinking a lot about less and less
And forgetting the love we bring

-Hunter/Garcia

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2019, 10:21:44 AM »
What else can I say?

It's not that I'm lacking inspiration...

No matter how far out into hyperspace I venture, somehow it always settles back down into this.

...the beautiful brunette girl from 26th street is the only person I see during my day that I actually want to talk to and spend time around.

I really try to give others a chance, and I treat everybody with compassion and respect. Still, I never encounter anybody that I actually want to spend time around.

I try to remain as humble as possible, and I would never judge anyone.

...actually, there are a few people here and there that I really want to interact with. I love to listen, and I love to learn new things. Often times people will assume that because I like the grateful dead's music that I would want to interact with other grateful dead fans, when in reality this is not the case at all, I already know about the dead, you know? I want to meet people that can teach me new things, that have interests that are new and interesting.
   Well, first off I should have started by saying that when others put a good deal of effort into sycophantically conforming to this or that "cookie-cutter culture" it automatically causes me to loose interest in interacting with that person. I like to meet individuals who truly are unique, who have novel and strange interests, and who see and do things in their own individual way. I like to meet "the undefined". I think jerry was right on when he commented that by leaving something undefined it in essence becomes everything, and I always enjoy meeting people who consciously or not, have left themselves undefined.

It always drives me crazy when others will attempt to define me, though I can somewhat understand what drives them to do so, I think it brings them comfort in diminishing the unknown in their environment, they will look at a person and say "ah, this person must be a hippie, therefore I know what they think and believe", and in doing this they are comforted, often feeling that can can even predict how this person will behave or react. When these people encounter someone that they can't define it automatically brings them discomfort, it's an unknown for them, and when people feel something is unknown the general reaction is fear in one firm or another.

I've never defined myself, I would see labels and definitions and encumberments or restraints...

Part of it's magic is that we've always avoided defining any part of it, and the effect seems to be that in not defining it, it becomes everything. -Jerry Garcia

I've never understood the urge to "be part of something". It's as if some are searching for something larger than themselves in which they can abandon their individuality and dedicate themselves to, and I've just never been able to fully grasp the motivation behind this.

...I guess it is easier to have all of your views, beliefs, choices in fashion, music, speech, and activities all set in place, where all you would have to do is conform to the established "cookie-cutter culture", but personally, that type of thing would drive me mad.

...again, nothing but garbage writing this morning.

It's not that I am uninspired, just poorly motivated towards generating anything more than mediocre dribble.

·I'm in love with the beautiful brunette girl from 26th street who sits next to me every morning.

·I never meet anybody worth interacting with

I believe those were the two initial points here, and somehow it got dragged into some overly simplistic dissection of cultural conformity and its detrimental effect on free thought and individuality.

It's been cold. The fog this morning was incredible. I'm going to spend the rest of the day snuggled up in bed watching netflix with Melanie. (Maybe one day ill be able to spend cold days cuddled up with the beautiful brunette girl from 26th rather than Melanie, who is just a close friend. Dont get me wrong, it's nice to have a girl to snuggle up with and to hold and to keep each other warm on a cold day, but with Melanie it's entirely platonic, we love each other, but it's not romantic, and I know for a fact that I would be so much happier if I could enjoy awesome movies all day while cuddled up in a nice warm bed with the beautiful brunette girl from 26th street, that would be like a dream come true. The beautiful brunette girl from 26th has a really adorable side to her, and I know she would be perfect to snuggle up with and to hold tight, plus, times likes these are best spent with someone you love romantically. (No offense Melanie! You know I love you, and I love spending cold days in bed with you, but you understand, I wish I could spend days like this with a girl that I love romantically)

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2019, 09:41:58 AM »
Didn't get to see her today. It's always on the days when I actually feel like talking with her that she doesn't show up.

What day of the week even is it?

I spent my second bus ride talking to the angry old bald man who had caused a scene on the bus just days before. The conversation was forced and I spent most of it regurgitating basics on topics which I had already long transcended. I tried to make the most of it and remain social, but damn, what a headache. Friendly conversation is a grueling chore in most cases. ...actually, in this case the guy got my attention by tapping me on the shoulder and kind of forced me into talking with him. I seriously dislike talking to people that I can't learn anything from. Like Marshall Mcluhan said Anyone who tries to make a distinction between education and entertainment doesn't know the first thing about either., so maybe it's my fault for wanting to be educated and entertained when I interact with others. I know I'm expecting too much.

If my daily routine was a literary work it would be filled with boring characters, and I think that's the biggest issue I have with my morning routine, it's the most boring part of my day, the story line, the plot, and the characters are all lacking during those hours, and on a day like today, where I did not get to see the beautiful brunette from 26th street, things are excruciatingly dull.

Some girls are strange, and are obviously trying to get my attention in really forward ways, and its been getting pretty bad recently. I swear, it will seem like months will go by where girls really won't pay attention to me, and then, for reasons I can't understand, a bunch of girls will all start perusing me at the same time.

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2019, 11:12:16 PM »
these days one day will be referred to as the period before you spoke to the girl from 26th.