Author Topic: shout out to brothers and sisters in the wild winter  (Read 1434 times)

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
shout out to brothers and sisters in the wild winter
« on: January 17, 2018, 10:38:01 PM »
buried under snow
cold weather?
may we all be safe, healthy
with a little tea for comfort
out here, it's still bike-riding time
skies are big and blue
chilled cheeks and gloveless fingers
cheers and best wishes to all

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: shout out to brothers and sisters in the wild winter
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 01:36:43 PM »
We are having a sever game changing drought yet again, after one wet year. We are screwed. Send us rain.
a group of us, on peyote, had little to share with a group on marijuana

the marijuana smokers were discussing questions of the utmost profundity and we were sticking our fingers in our navels & giggling
                  Jack Green

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 10:47:34 PM »
the desert is less than generous with its rain count. not much here, but if it shows, i'll send it over to you, jrl.

Offline Rylander

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 12:49:13 PM »
That sucks. Where about are you, JRL?

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 01:31:37 PM »
Im in Northern California. Since I last typed this we have had weird weather but the drought has eased up a bit. We had a hail storm the likes Ive never seen in my 60 years here. It hailed for around 20 minutes and it piled up like the snow we never get.Then we had a couple more days of substantial storms that added to the vital Sierra  snow pack which is where most of the water we get is stored. Still not lout of the woods but more on its way. March is usually the last month we get a lot of rain. We are hoping for the best.
a group of us, on peyote, had little to share with a group on marijuana

the marijuana smokers were discussing questions of the utmost profundity and we were sticking our fingers in our navels & giggling
                  Jack Green

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 05:52:10 PM »
Cold weather has brought out a very few purple Trichocereus in my sea of Trichocereus. All grown under the same conditions... it makes me think there may be hope for a future generation of darker purple colored Trichocereus if we only follow them down the rabbit hole deep enough.

So, yeah... cold weather is sometimes a blessing.

Note, in the seed tray below you don't have the same purple color in any of those seedlings like you have in the two posted above it. I've got a whole sea of these little guys and just a very tiny few that have that nice purple color this year.

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 07:09:37 PM »
Maybe some day you will be able to grow rainbow cacti? Lol. Winter has been extra cold in some areas and extra warm some places
Stoney

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 07:13:00 PM »
Maybe some day you will be able to grow rainbow cacti? Lol. Winter has been extra cold in some areas and extra warm some places
Humor noted, but one never knows. I mean, just look at what has been done with cannabis by selecting purple that was environmentally triggered at first... now we have purple strains of cannabis that are purple regardless of the weather. Gotta love science, hybridizing, and even the freakish cold for the gifts it gives us my brothers.