Author Topic: Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)  (Read 3994 times)

Offline EnergyGem

• View Profile
Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)
« on: December 31, 2016, 03:22:46 AM »
Hi all,

New member here. : )

I've come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective. This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention such as seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.

This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it's something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.

Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:

* Other Dimensions - Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm

* The Soul - It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.

* Microcosmic worlds - This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.

* Supernatural Abilities - In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilities that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.

* The 3rd Eye - Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.

* Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it's like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is 'he' who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.

These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.

If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:

http://en.falundafa.org/eng/pdf/ZFL2014.pdf

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 10:09:10 PM »
Hi. Welcome and thanks for all this food for thought. Keep us posted on how it's all manifesting in your brain, in your digestion of the ideas. (if you feel like sharing, of course)

Offline EnergyGem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 02:22:07 AM »
Hi. Welcome and thanks for all this food for thought. Keep us posted on how it's all manifesting in your brain, in your digestion of the ideas. (if you feel like sharing, of course)

You're welcome Judih, I hope you find it of interest, I personally found it a very enlightening read.

After reading this book it has really made me understand that there is so much more to a human being that what our current scientific paradigm currently realizes or understands. We are so much more then we think we are. : )

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 09:54:09 PM »
while being amazed, i need to teach 7th grade students to get ready 'for the test'. How to balance being filled with wonder and walking the line. A constant challenge!

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 08:18:44 PM »
Very interesting post, EG. I hope you write more in the future.
Stoney

Offline EnergyGem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 02:51:36 AM »
while being amazed, i need to teach 7th grade students to get ready 'for the test'. How to balance being filled with wonder and walking the line. A constant challenge!

Yes it is a challenge to have a foot in both worlds at times. If you read Zhuan Falun they talk about how one can cultivate in this world while still leading a normal family and work life. That's because it this system cultivates a 'Law Wheel' at the persons lower abdomen which cuts down on how long one needs to perform the Qi Gong exercises. One is constantly being purified and energized even when the exercises are not being done.

Glad you found it of interest Stonehenge and I am happy to have shared it with the community.

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 10:47:28 PM »
You're speaking of the dan tien. Fascinating. Doing chi cong while not doing it. (This gets better and better)

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »
Do you mean viet cong? Lol

I do tai chi, its a moving meditation and you use that energy center to focus on. It is a center of power of a certain type. Each center has a different power to use.
Stoney

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 11:25:27 PM »
in our weekly t'ai chi sessions we do chi cong after warm-up. Then on to the 88 form t'ai chi cutta. The energy flow is remarkable.
If there's limited time for body preparation, chi cong is my choice.

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 12:40:23 PM »
Here we call it chi gong, I was joking with you, the viet cong were guerrillas in the vietnam war. The words are different many places, for example chi = ji = qi etc. I've done tai chi everyday for about 24 years and started well before that. Last time I was in a tai chi class the instructor was surprised at my techniques. I guess this is bragging but it is just the power of the chi and correct technique. You can hold your hand out in front of you and easily deflect a powerful punch. It looks like your hand is weak but they get pushed to the side. Also with punches, thrown from what looks like a weak position they have lots of power. The instructor was a 2nd degree black belt in karate and had studied tai chi for about 8 years. He did not offer to spar with me after that, lol. Not that I would hurt anyone. But now in my old age I know to keep out of situations rather than rely on my fading body. I always did try to keep out of trouble. Your class is probably much different, most do not emphasize the martial aspect but that is where it came from.
Stoney

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 11:08:27 PM »
Doron, our wonderful teacher, shows the application in a combat situation, but that's in order to give us context for the hand, body positions.
Also, many of the students started out with kung fu, and they have no problem connecting the moves to martial situations.

Me? I hold the sword like the wooden replica it is, not like a weapon. The fan? A wonderful item that rips through the air with its noise. Hardly something to slice an opponent.

As I get older, balance is the thing I work on the most. The transfer of weight from one side to the other.

(Stoney, I know you were joking with viet cong).
So, everyday t'ai chi. That's exactly how it should be done. Which form do you practice?

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 06:22:14 PM »
Its yang style but there are tons of various yang styles. Its good that your class has some grounding in martial arts. I found that relaxation brings power. When you do a technique like a punch and you are tight, the punch may seem good but its relatively weak. If you are loose and remain relaxed through it, it feels like you didn't put much into it but it makes the bag or person holding a pad go backward while the tight over muscled punch did not do as much.

The same energy, chi or whatever you want to call it, can be used for healing. You can give yourself or others a healing by commanding the chi to flow through your hands. But again you must be relaxed, if you try to push it, you get less or none. You focus and see it in your mind flowing. Doing your tai chi practice helps if you do it right before.
Stoney

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 10:24:41 PM »
healing!
i meditate before giving reiki, but i've never done t'ai chi before offering it. What a logical and brilliant suggestion.
Thanks, Stoney
This thread is truly a gift.

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 05:56:50 PM »
A good exercise is to imagine beams of light coming from your hands when you move or even water like from a fire hose. By seeing it in your mind you cause it to happen. Visualizing is a powerful tool. In one class they said move like you were painting with your hands. Or just think of goodness coming out, even if you are doing a punch, lol.
Stoney

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 11:24:44 PM »
I'll try. I tend to feel the containment of energy, air around me like water. Interesting what this new visualization will bring!