Author Topic: Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 07:47:19 PM »
Technique is very important. For the chi to flow first the body must be loose and relaxed. The waist must turn or move with the other movements. Just moving the hands is not correct form.

The chakra called the dantien, or many other names, is the center of physical power. The other 6 centers work on other types of energy but the one near the navel is related to the physical, from what I have learned. Its also the center of gravity for most people. When ever you do a movement imagine a flow through that area. By physical power I mean it affects the physical plane.
Stoney

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 10:27:45 PM »
This is what I love about the way our teacher conducts our classes. Warm-up, then chi cong (lately we do the Wild Goose cutta). Chi flows, dan tien is back to prime, then t'ai chi. The energy is present, no need for visualization, but rather to stay in the moment with the body and mind and allow the experience to unfold.

Time slows down as weight shifts. I don't really have words.

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 06:23:15 PM »
Yes, being in the present moment is very important, possibly the most important thing. You aren't truly meditating if you are thinking about chores or what might happen tomorrow. Its hard to keep focused but it can be done.

Visualization is a tool, nothing more. It can be a powerful tool. Just for example, thinking of beams of light coming from the top of your head, hands or whatever. Visualizing your body and breath as being totally relaxed. There are many uses.

Its used in magic too, you can bring about changes in your life by visualizing them. Its not tai chi but its in an undefined category. Visualizing healing energy from your hands makes it work well. Not saying its the only way, but it works for many.
Stoney

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 11:56:15 PM »
mr s. henge
you are an interesting man!
again, thanks to our illustrious new member EnergyGem for the thread

Offline EnergyGem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 01:53:44 AM »
You're most welcome Judih, happy to have shared this with you and the community.  :)

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 12:42:44 PM »
Just to continue an interesting discussion, I will share a few things that work for me. To keep in the moment I might focus on sounds around me. There are always sounds, if nothing else then the ones in my head. Tinitis can be a tool though I ignore it most of the time. Or just look at something and focus on it rather than thinking "its pretty, ugly, looks like something else..." Just soak it in. Focus on movement, on your breath, on a chant.

I think the goal is to be in the moment most of the time. We still have to plan ahead, learn from the past and so on. But being constantly preoccupied with those things is what degrades the quality of life. You can't appreciate what is going on around you when you are doing an inner dialogue or thinking about something else. The thoughts and dialogues come up constantly, I try to gently bring myself back to the moment when I notice it. Little by little I get more in the moment.
Stoney

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 10:16:12 PM »
I started out vision questing myself. Spending 4 days alone without food, water, or sleep. I did that once a year for several years and it appealed to me as there was no dogma in those 4 days. I could just be alone with nature and myself. To say it was easy would be an understatement. It was a literal hell at times. I then moved on to sundancing, being a yuwipi singer, etc. I studied a very little bit via a workshop that Mantak Chia gave on the Tao some aspects of that kind of remind me of what the two of you are getting at. The Dark Room Tao retreat is supposed to stimulate your brain to produce DMT in sufficient levels to cause you to vision. I never went to one of those retreats however as the vision quest seemed to produce visions just fine. Never mind the yuwipi ceremony where it would rain and sometimes lightning in the room one was in. Watching as the spirits marched into the room pounding on the floor. Balls of light floating around... and all that is without pejuta. Now, add in the peyote and things really start to get interesting.

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 09:35:15 PM »
I could go 4 days without food, maybe without sleep but not without water.
Stoney

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 10:08:44 PM »
no food, understood. No water, unknown territory. No sleep? I'd have to see. Visions? I believe it!

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 07:04:20 AM »
I understand your sentiments Stonehenge and Judith. You base what you think you can do based on what you have done often times. We are all capable of a lot more than we think we are capable of. A vision quest takes time and preparation. One does not generally just say, "Hey, lets go do a vision quest." The minimal preparation is usually a year during which time one does many inipi/sweat lodge ceremonies at the very least. I have no doubt that either one of you could not make it on a traditional vision quest if you prepared in this manner. It is all about baby steps. That and a genuine desire to do something that is overriding the desire to give up and quit. That desire has to be very strong or your not going to make it. The desire to have an ice-cream becomes incredibly strong after 24 hours of not having any food. Your desire to have this experience must override all those other desires for food, water, sleep, or even sitting until those desires turn off for a time.

Offline judih

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2017, 10:50:27 PM »
Wakinyan, i hear you. When intention overrides fear of the unknown, i enter the realm of totally new experience.

Offline Wakinyan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2017, 08:28:00 PM »
Judith, exactly and very well put.