Author Topic: instructions for b.caapi and mimosa hostilis?  (Read 1401 times)

Offline travelingOne

• View Profile
instructions for b.caapi and mimosa hostilis?
« on: December 23, 2017, 04:27:08 AM »
Hi all,

I wanted to thank in advance whoever responds to this.

I am new to this plant spirit stuff and have down it twice now and learn and saw incredible things.

I got plants from soul-herbs.com and they also had instructions.

Anyway I found a cheaper place to buy from and feel a bit more confident now however before I brewed harmala and mimosa hostilis with 2 grams of harmala and 100 grams of mimosa.

Now howver I have b.cappi and mimosa and quite a bit more actually but this new vendor wrote 2% potency on the mimosa.

Does this mean anything different in regards to brewing? Also does anyone know of any references in terms of amount of mimosa vs b.cappi.

Once again thanks in advance to whoever answers this!

travelling

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: instructions for b.caapi and mimosa hostilis?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 09:16:19 PM »
I wish I could tell you but I don't know. I've heard that 10gm of mh might be enough. You can use a bunch of caapi with it, but that part I'm not sure of.
Stoney

Offline Eva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 12:55:55 PM »
Hi travelingOne.
Here is a FAQ (see part 2) that compares:
http://www.spiritplants.org/forums/the-rain-forest/black-jaguar-ayahuasca-brewing/msg34833/#msg34833
See Part 4: Admixture Leaf (traditional) vs admixture bark (non-traditional)
I suggest stick with potent hawaiian psychotria only, it's worth the wait, safe & traditional and Heavenly.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:59:03 PM by Eva »

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 09:02:37 AM »
Just in case this was not in the FAQ:

Plants alkaloids are variable, and ACRB and MHRB should not always be viewed as interchangeable, however, in another life I would frequently use these two recipes:
*I wrote these decoction directions a few years back...*

*as little as 5g MHRB can be quite effective*

CAAPI and ACRB/MHRB
·60g powdered B. Caapi
·10g powdered acacia confusa root-bark
·1.5-2 liters h20
·1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice (vinegar will brew out, lemon juice will not)
*per person*

·In a Pyrex or glass pot add powder caapi (60g), then add powder ACRB (10-15g), next fill the pot with h20. Bring to a very low boil, where there are bubbles, but rolling very lightly. Maintain this "light boil" for 2-3 hours.

·Filter, placing the filtrate (liquid) into another clean pot and set aside. then The filter-cake is returned to the boiling pot.

·Add 2 liters fresh h2o to the boiling pot with the filter-cake, add 1 tablespoon white vinegar and repeat the process.

·When this has been done 3 times discard the filter-cake. The three combined filtrates that were set aside are then reduced at low heat to the desired amount of liquid.

peganum harmala / acacia confusa root bark

·10g acacia confusa root bark and 4g peganum harmala are blended into a powder in a coffee grinder.

·This powder is then added to an appropriate boiling vessel, I prefer Pyrex.

·Water is added to the boiling vessel with the ACRB/PHS powder (acetic or citric acid can be added in the form of a tablespoon full of lemon juice or vinegar)

·This mixture is brought to a LOW, but rolling boil for for 2-3 hours.

·After the time has elapsed, stop the boil by removing the boiling vessel from the heat source.

·Filter, placing the filtrate into a clean vessel and setting aside, and returning the filter-cake to the original boiling vessel.

·Add fresh water to the boiling vessel containing the filter-cake, fresh acid can be added at this time as well.

·Bring this mixture to a LOW but rolling boil, and allow it to boil for 2 ton3 hours.

·After the time has elapsed, stop the boil by removing the boiling vessel from the heat source.

·Again, Filter, placing the filtrate into the vessel containing the previous filtrate and set these combined filtrates aside. Then, again, return the filter-cake to the original boiling vessel.

·Repeat the two to three hour boil just as before.

·Once finished, add the final filtrate to the vessel containing the previous two combined filtrates. Discard the filter cake.

·Take the vessel containing the 3 combined filtrates and bring these to a low boil, reducing the volume to a drinkable amount.

·Drink

Again, these directions are old and are on the high end of the dose range, but this should Gove you some idea of what you are doing.

Also, some would say a "thick" brew was improperly prepared:

in the final evaporation you want to be careful not to boil it too rapidly or the sugars which are cooked out of the ayahuasca will tend to caramelize and make it thick, this does not affect the pharmacology of the ayahuasca but it makes it hell to swallow. If you do it right you will be able to get it to 100mls and it should still pour...it's as thin as water, it won't thicken unless you have boiled it with too hot of flame.

Q: so your not destroying any alkaloids it's just caramelized?

Terence: no, it's more like an aesthetic thing, like you hurried it, and if you are giving it to people who are knowledgeable they will comment on this, the sign of amateurish ayahuasca is ayahuasca thats thick, because it needn't be, those are just sugars, it's not doing you any good.

Terence McKenna; ayahuasca and it's recipes

Others claim otherwise.

Honestly it's a lot of trial and error until you master the art of brewing, and you're probably going to end up drinking a lot of sub-standard brews before you get it right...

Offline Eva

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 07:50:39 AM »
Thanks for the info Intrepid_traveler!  :)