Author Topic: 1/21/17  (Read 11713 times)

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
1/21/17
« on: January 22, 2017, 04:37:57 PM »
Who marched yesterday? I, along with 20,000 of my closest friends marched to the California state capitol. Now Ive been around for a number of years and feel like I have experienced history being made but yesterday was far beyond anything I have been part of before. It reminded me of tales of the Human Be-in. We were all looking around in amazement that we are so not alone. The vibe of the event was peaceful, intelligent and determined.

You guys that know me well realize that no one has ever accused me of being an optimist, but when I saw the pictures of sister marches around the world I felt hope kindling in my heart.

I know us heads sometimes are antipolitics or at least apolitical but I believe now is not the time to be silent. Speak your truth loud and clear and keep on keeping on. Time to use the lessons in freedom we have been given!!

Yours in solidarity,
 Your old buddy JRL.
a group of us, on peyote, had little to share with a group on marijuana

the marijuana smokers were discussing questions of the utmost profundity and we were sticking our fingers in our navels & giggling
                  Jack Green

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 1/21/17
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 05:17:48 PM »
I heard soros was funding a lot of that. He and others don't really care about woman's rights they just want to attack trump because he is an outsider and plans to clean up the corruption that has gone on for too many years.

Women's and men's rights are important and should be respected. They are making the assumption trump will do something bad before he has a chance to do anything. Millions marched because the media told them trump might do this and that? That is nuts

If he does wrong then call him out but to prejudge is dumb I think.
Stoney

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 03:56:06 PM »
Trump has done so much wrong already. He will be gone in a year, wanna bet say $100?  If you had been where i was you wouldnt be repeating a tired conspiracy theory. The event was organic and the organizers realized they were not controlling anything. Dude, Ive seen history made before and this was that in spades. Totally peaceful, intelligent and determined. You have any daughters?

But just Trumps conflict of interests, his refusal do divest, his totally apparent lack of understanding. How about "alternative facts" How about the way he treats his wife? How about his setting back womens rights 50 years? His obvious Russian connection? How about "Why have nukes if you cant use them?" How about "I love war"?

I could go on, for hours. Do actually believe that the election was anything but a bloodless coup? Hes gonna roll back environmental protections.

Trump is the extinction level event we have been fearing and ALL people of good conscious need to join the resistance.

Like I said, if you didnt march you have no idea.

the marijuana smokers were discussing questions of the utmost profundity and we were sticking our fingers in our navels & giggling
                  Jack Green

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 03:58:07 PM »
Trump is by far the most corrupt president in many many years, maybe ever. The first day after he "won" (stole) the election he was using his official US web site to pimp his hotels and Ivankaheads stupid over priced jewelry.

Jack Green

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Jack Green

Offline cenacle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 09:46:45 AM »
Trump is a salesman and a con artist. He tapped into the rage some feel over economic inequality, not because he gives a shit, but because it sells to talk about it. He's stacked his Cabinet with oil barons and corporate tycoons.

He loves a good brawl, and that's what's going on now. Will it result in any middle- or lower-class person getting more? I doubt it.

But he also loves the adulation of the crowds, and I bet those millions of protesters just pissed him off. Made his press secretary go out and lie about the size of his inauguration crowd. Trump's ego is as thin as tissue paper.

For many people, Trump is appealing because he seems to be someone bent on overturning business as usual in DC. It sounds really nice. He's been in office for a few days. I don't believe anything good is going to come of his term, but I am waiting to see the actual evidence mount up.

Maybe he will mature and realize that the rich idiots around him, the sycophants, the Republicans in Congress who don't give two shits for anyone but lobbyist money, are steering him wrong. Maybe he'll start to act in the way he talks. Maybe.

I just don't believe it at this point. Until I see him keep his promises to all those people who voted for him--about jobs, infrastructure, health care--, I won't believe he will do it. We'll see.

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 02:28:45 PM »
JRL, you have some points, trump is rough around the edges and does not know how to act like a polished politician. IMO, that is one of the reasons he won.

From your link
>According to experts...

Unnamed experts who just happen to be left wing democrats, lol. From what I hear he put his holdings in a trust administered by someone else. He has access to the best legal minds and if there was any real conflict he would have removed it. You really think he is worried about the money diplomats might spend in one of his hotels? Come on jrl, you can do better than that.

>Trump is by far the most corrupt president in many many years, maybe ever.

easy to say, got any evidence besides what I already mentioned? Hillary on the other hand openly took bribes in the tens of millions of dollars from places like saudi arabia, other countries, and rich donors from all over the world. You don't say a peep about that, neither did the msm but a diplomat staying in a hotel he no longer controls makes him the worst ever? I mean really!

>The event was organic and the organizers realized they were not controlling anything

My sources say soros was behind it and had 50 some people organizing it. You seem to be very concerned about womens rights, I'm concerned about rights for all, men women, etc. What about the way saudi arabia treats women? Do you approve of that? Hill your gal, took massive bribes from them and already gave them many favors while sec of state including selling them cluster bombs to use on civilians which they have done.

None of that bothers you a bit but trump is the crooked one? Show me where he took a bribe and paid back with govt favors? I can show you many instances where hill did it but you dont want to talk about that.

>Trump has done so much wrong already. He will be gone in a year, wanna bet say $100?

If you are serious I will gladly take that bet but think it over because you will lose without a doubt. I don't like to rob people who are simply speaking out of emotion

Cenacle
>For many people, Trump is appealing because he seems to be someone bent on overturning business as usual in DC. It sounds really nice. He's been in office for a few days. I don't believe anything good is going to come of his term, but I am waiting to see the actual evidence mount up.

Now that is a more reasonable less emotional and more factual statement. We don't know yet what he will do. So far he has tossed out the tpp, which I and most americans applaud. Or do you guys think that secret agreement was good for us? We weren't even allowed to read it, top secret. He will tear up other one sided agreements that obama backed.

>Until I see him keep his promises to all those people who voted for him--about jobs, infrastructure, health care--,

Agreed, hold him accountable if he lies point it out. You guys hero obama lied like a rug and all you do is shrug your shoulders and say the gop stopped him from being obama. Uh huh.

But don't make up shit out of thin air like the msm has been doing. that fake russian dossier supposedly showing him getting a golden shower, never happened, not true, even the piece of crap washington post had to retract their article but the story got legs and was repeated over and over.

Or like the silly story he is a russian stooge because he doesn't hate on putin? Hillary wanted war with russia, her policies would have lead directly to confrontation with them and certain conflict. You want to talk about world ending events? Starting stupid wars is a great way to do it. Trump is a business man who will get us on the right track. No more one sided deals like tpp ttip, nafta, and many others.

Your hero obama kept us at war for his entire 8 years, but thats fine right? He bombed 7 countries, sold cluster bombs to belligerants, armed isis and al quaida, our sworn enemies. Was that merely idiocy or was it treason? You tell me.
Stoney

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 10:53:02 AM »
Getting back to the march, the media would have you believe it was a spontaneous grass roots thing that just happened. In fact it was carefully planned, organized and funded. They picked the day after the inauguration to embarrass trump and for no other reason. Yes, it was funded in part by soros as I said.

This is all because trump is not an establishment candidate and does not toe the line of the elites who think they run the world. Soros being one of them. They are furious the tpp and other deals bad for usa are being scrapped. They fear he may do much more to help the usa workers and that means less $$ for the already too rich.

If you are a genuine progressive then you should be in favor of what trump is trying to do whether you like him personally or not. If he does even half what he is setting out to do, we all win. If he fails we all fail, so he must win.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/12/anti-trump-womens-march-backed-soros-funded-groups/

The Women’s March on Washington, a celebrity-endorsed event planned for the day after Donald Trump’s inauguration, is backed by a who’s who of far-left organizations, including scores of groups financed by billionaire George Soros.
Stoney

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 01:50:18 PM »
If you were at the march you would know what i was talking about. I dont care if Mickie Mouse "financed" it.

Not sure why people keep talking about Hillary, classis diversion move. Please explain.

You ever notice that EVERYONE who says "get over it" brings up Hillary?? I thought Hillary lost, but Trump still acts like hes still running. And its your money he is gonna waste to satisfy his ego about LOSING the poular vote. Now is that an action you would expect from a man serious ab out lerarning the hardest job in the world.

How about Spicer? Please explain why you can trust that fucking toadie?

Betsy Devos?? Stoney, do have kids? Betsy contributed millions to the RNC and Trump is rewarding her. Why is thayt not a bribe. She has ZERO qualifications for what is one of the most important posts. Education shapes the future.

Then there is Mikie. Hes a theocrat who thinks gay conversion therapy is a good thing. He tried to divert the money going for HIV research into GCT, Please ewxplain why you think he's ok.

What about Trump in front of the CIA wall?? Just pissing on all the agents who lost there lives in service. All he did was talk about himself.

If you rthink this is a sane man you are insane.

Jack Green

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 01:56:08 PM »
How about the gag orders for the EPA? And how about his attacks on Planned Parenthood. When i was young, all the women I knew where going to the PP clinics for birth control, cancer screening and any number of things.

What do i tell my diabetic friend who will lose the insurance that he had for the first time in decades. What do I tell his family when it kills him.

Jack Green

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 02:09:00 PM »
http://networkforpubliceducation.org/2016/11/tell-your-senator-to-vote-no-for-betsy-devos/

My daughter is a public school teacher. SDhe's feeling threatened to say the least.

Stoney, you are so far on the wrong side of history. I cant believe someone who knows so much about sacramental plants is buying this bill of goods.

I certainly hope Im wrong but me and 65 million people (and growing) dont think so.

And the bet is ON!

Jack Green

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 02:19:11 PM »
And like i said, if you werent at the March you really have no idea what was happening. Ive never seen 30,000 people so close together which such solidarity  of purpose and peaceful good will. And like i said if you werent marching you dont understand how this went so far beyond the organizers plans and expectations.I wasnt at Woodstock but this was my Woodstock or Be-In. Being with so many like minded people was a spiritual experience to say the least. And we certainly werent in lock step. People had different visions of what we are hoping to accomplish but we all knew we want the same thing.

I was at a march right after the election. Way smaller, maybe 1000 people. Its hard to tell on a march, but the vibe was way different. A lot more anger, the crowd a lot younger and more sketchy looking. Violence seemed possible but the organizers and our local police force worked together to keep it peaceful. Pretty impressive show of good will.

On this march people were a lot more solemn and there were a lot of people in my age group as well as kids of all ages. A lot of my friends marched with their kids. For once I had a glimmer of hope that reality, intelligence and compassion still have a chance to move the world forward, in spite of the ultra regressive forces holding us now.

Jack Green

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 02:57:56 PM »
And how about the Keystone Pipeline?  Guess who is invested in it? That alone is impeachable. Hes been trying to turn his elected office into profits for the Trump crime family. How can a plant guy justify that?? Im really dumbfounded. Trump is the antithesis of everything I believe and the way Ive lived my life for 64 years.

Jack Green

Offline Stonehenge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 04:20:15 PM »
Bush jr had many business interests, no one gave him a lot of static. he had ties to oil industry and so on. None of your claims come with any evidence. I heard he was cutting off payments to some un program, that may be the planned parenthood thing you speak of.

>How about Spicer? Please explain why you can trust that fucking toadie?

"toadie"? thats the best you got?

>Betsy Devos?? Stoney, do have kids? Betsy contributed millions to the RNC and Trump is rewarding her.

Obama did it all the time, hillary did it all the time. But that was different? The rnc did basically nothing for trump during the election and many members wanted him to lose.

>How about the gag orders for the EPA?

Hadn't heard about that. Got any evidence?

> me and 65 million people

The dnc used dead people voting, its a tradition. They also cheated with electronic voting machines. She did great in states with no paper trail. That is the same way she cheated sanders. Plus california and many other states allowed illegals to vote. We can debate that point if you wish, I can come up with evidence if you dispute it.

>And how about the Keystone Pipeline?

We need that for our energy needs. We are now transporting oil by rail which has a terrible environmental track record. The pipeline will reduce spills, not increase them

>Trump crime family

Show me the crimes? If his holdings in some company create a conflict of interest, he will divest or has already. You extreme leftists are grasping at straws there.

>And the bet is ON!

OK, I will enjoy your $100. The bet is that he is out of office within one year of today. Loser sends cash or money order to the winner. Agreed?

JRL, I dont agree with everything trump wants to do. He is in favor of more and more spying on us. He will no doubt make mistakes but unlike obamas corruption, blunders and errors, it will not be swept under the rug. I notice you had no comment about his many lies and double talk. As for crime families, the clinton crime foundation comes to mind. Did you know they stole money from haitian orphans? Its basically a money laundering scheme for cleaning up bribes and spending it on lavish lifestyle for the clintons and their "toadies" But you have nothing to say about that, its all good, isn't it?

Obama doubled our debt to 20 trillion dollars. Trump is going to reverse the deficit and start paying back the debt. No more stupid wars overseas (I hope) no more huge handouts to other countries, many good changes, watch and see.
Stoney

Offline JRL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 05:16:23 PM »
Well I saw him signing the gag order, good enough? And i dont give a crap about Bush, Clinton or whoever. They aint the problem.

And how about his crack about stealing the oil and invading Iraq again.

Spicer: I was trying to be nice. Did you see his press confrence yesterday? They kicked his motherfucking Trump licking ass all the way back to last week. he was bumbling and stumbling when they asked him about proof for Trumps outl;andish claim of 3-5,000,000 fraudulent votes. I would sure hate to have his job or Kelly Ann's. Trying to actg like these positions of Trumps are anything close to rational.

Do you really want a "president" who gives ego mainacs a bad name? I mean back to his debacle at the CIA: If you were in such a solemn place in front such a deadly serious audience would you use that time to say how groovy you are and claim to be a victim?  I think ypou're a better man than that.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/24/14372940/trump-gag-order-epa-environmental-protection-agency-health-agriculture

And what about betsy Devos? She has no qualifications other than being rich. I have many friends who are sachool teachers and they are all scared shitless. Trump says they are over paid. I say fuck Trump with peruvianus. If you attack teachers and Im around you you got a problem on your hands.

As far as voter fraud goes: why is he wasting our money on it when the mother fucker won? Anyways the republicans stole the election when they gerrymandered our country to their advantage and then when that Russian operative Comey did his little psyop. Fuck him with a terschekki.

I dont know what happened to you, Iman. I dont know much about you. Are you a miilionaire or some shit?Well if you are be happy because when the ACA goes down rich people are getting a huge tax cut while the middle class pays through the nose.

Trumps allegiance to fossil fuel will hurt everyone of us. If we go back to the coal he loves s much people will die.

Bet is on.  Obama saved our country from total collapse, renewed our world wide reputation and showed how to deal with bullshit with style and grace.

I know you will not give me an honest answer to this one, but how do you think Trump will react to one tenth of the hatred that was  pointed at the Obamas??

No wars. Shirley, you jest. Trump has said "I love w

Jack Green